Webinar: The Evolution of Qualified Opportunity Zones: Update on New Regulations
The tax reform commonly known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) created a unique opportunity for investments in low-income communities. Investments in Qualified Opportunity Zones may be eligible for a capital gains tax deferral, stepped-up basis opportunities, and post-acquisition gain exclusions.
Recent clarifications from the IRS expand the time period the opportunity is available and provide additional detail on which types of investments may be eligible for the program. Our 1-hour webinar will highlight what you need to know about the Qualified Opportunity Zone program to take advantage of the significant tax benefits it provides.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define a Qualified Opportunity Zone Business Property
- Explain the requirements to create and maintain a Qualified Opportunity Zone Business
- Describe the tax benefits for investors that are available under the Qualified Opportunity Zone program
- List the requirements to create and maintain a Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund
- Explain the program requirements, including the length of time investors have to reinvest sale proceeds into qualifying investments
CPE: Eligible for 1 CPE credit in Tax
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet-based
Cost: No fee required
Speakers: Bill Smith and Sean Haggerty