It’s been a tough few years for financial institutions. The recession firmly made its mark in the history books and financial institutions felt the brunt of it. They are now faced with financial regulatory reform, corporate governance and reporting matters, as well as trying to run a business in a still slightly uncertain economy.
With leaders containing national firm and banking experience, the financial institutions team at MHM offers high quality audit and assurance services with a deep understanding of the challenges your company is facing. We work to align our service efforts with your most important compliance and financial risks. The relationships we have shared with banks, credit unions and other financial institutions over the last 20 years, combined with our experience in the industry and with banking regulators, makes us uniquely qualified and capable of helping your company.
Our core assurance services for financial institutions include:
- Audits of bank and credit union financial statements
- Directors examination agreed-upon procedures
- Trust department agreed upon procedures
- USAP and Reg AB compliance
- Loan reviews
Furthermore, through our association with CBIZ*, we have professionals who are experienced with:
- Internal control readiness for FDICIA compliance
- Internal control attestation on management’s annual assertion required by The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991 (FDICIA) on the effectiveness of the Banks’ internal controls
- Bank merger and acquisition
- Due diligence
- Business process improvement
- Fraud investigations
- Costs savings & recoveries